Regions: Canal du Midi, Provence
Roi Soleil brings the feel of luxury yachting to the world of barging. She has a classic 1920’s motor yacht line with a contemporary interior, which epitomizes elegant design with brass, mahogany, hand made provençal tiles and exclusive designer fabrics. The cabins with their en-suite bathrooms are particularly spacious. Her 2 -level design offers full panoramic views from the salon, wheelhouse and forward & aft decks. The aft teak deck with jacuzzi and an extra dimension to cruising on the Canals and the overall experience is complemented by the French and International cuisine.
4:30 PM, Beziers, Narbonne or CarcassonneNote: Pickup locations may be TBD on charter bookings.
10:00 AM, Beziers, Narbonne or CarcassonneNote: dropoff locations may be TBD on charter bookings.
|Enjoy Daily Bicycling, Sightseeing and Exploring On the Roi Soleil. Roi Soleil does not publish a definitive sightseeing schedule. Instead, a charter on Roi Soleil is all about CHOICE. Here's the route - and suggestions on what is available each day to customize your cruise.|
|- Transfer, welcome on-board, and cocktails
- Navigation along the canal through a rural area with wetlands.
|Villeneuve to Fonseranes|
|- Sailing through the great locks of Fonseranes
- Excursion to the historical city of Pézenas (famed architecture, many artisans & antiques)
- Or excursion to the impressive hill village of Roquebrun by the river Orb (possible to swim)
- And/or visit to the preroman Oppidum of Enserune, a major archaeological site with panoramic views of the surrounding valleys
- And/or visit Béziers historical centre and shops
- And/or wine tasting at cellar of a top French Sommelier and supplier to Michelin Starred Chefs
|Fonserannes to Capestang|
|- Sailing into the heart of the historic village of Capestang
- Private visit to the cistercian Abbey of Fontroide, one of the finest examples in France
- And private wine testing at a Corbieres Château
- And / or a visit a Camargue bull and horse ranch with the opportunity to round up the bulls on horseback
|Capestang to La Croisade or Somail|
|- Morning excursion to the charming City of Narbonne that was the Roman Capital of the early Gaulles - its vibrant food market - the famed art and roman archeology museums within the Bishop Palace and shops - a highlight of the week
- Afternoon sailing to the peaceful country village of Le Somail with an impressive antique bookstore
- Sailing beneath the smallest bridge in France
|Somail to Roubia|
|- Morning visit to the hill village of Minerve, which is a beautiful natural site that has a dramatic history dating back to the time of the Crusades.
- Visit to prized olive oil mill, Oulibo, and a historic Languedoc village
- An afternoon sail to Roubia, and mooring by an ancient canal bridge with the view across the valley
- Option of a short flight over the Cathar Castles in the Pyrenees - the famous "fortresses of vertigo"
|Roubia to Homps|
|- Visit to the fortified city of Carcassonne, Europe's largest Medieval Fortress, a great place to be transported into medieval history and a shopping opportunity.
- Or visit the medieval village of Lagrasse and its artisans.
- Afternoon sailing to Homps with many locks.
|Breakfast and Farewell|
|A leisurely breakfast on board then transfer to your departure point about 10am.|
|Charter 4 Passenger||$30,500||$35,000|
|Charter 6 Passenger||$33,900||$38,900|
Airfare to and from your destination, cancellation insurance and crew gratuity (suggested minimum amount is 5% of the cruise price)