|From $5,500 per person|
- Email Us
2036 Nevada City Hwy #311
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Roi Soleil brings the feel of luxury yachting to the world of barging. She has a classic 1920’s motor yacht line with a contemporary interior, which epitomizes elegant design with brass, mahogany, hand made provençal tiles and exclusive designer fabrics. The cabins with their en-suite bathrooms are particularly spacious. Her 2 -level design offers full panoramic views from the salon, wheelhouse and forward & aft decks. The aft teak deck with jacuzzi and an extra dimension to cruising on the Canals and the overall experience is complemented by the French and International cuisine.
Boat DetailsBoat Size: 98 x 16.5 ft
Number of Cabins: 3
Cruise Length: 6 nights
Departure Day: Sunday
Cabin Information3 Queen/Twin-Bedded Staterooms
Note: All cabin sizes are approximate.
Books & Games
Computer with printer
Heated Towel Racks
4:30 PM, Beziers, Narbonne or CarcassonneNote: Pickup locations may be TBD on charter bookings.
10:00 AM, Beziers, Narbonne or CarcassonneNote: dropoff locations may be TBD on charter bookings.
|Enjoy Daily Bicycling, Sightseeing and Exploring On the Roi Soleil. Roi Soleil does not publish a definitive sightseeing schedule. Instead, a charter on Roi Soleil is all about CHOICE. Here's the route - and suggestions on what is available each day to customize your cruise.|
|- Transfer, welcome on-board, and cocktails
- Navigation along the canal through a rural area with wetlands.
|Villeneuve to Fonseranes|
|- Sailing through the great locks of Fonseranes
- Excursion to the historical city of Pézenas (famed architecture, many artisans & antiques)
- Or excursion to the impressive hill village of Roquebrun by the river Orb (possible to swim)
- And/or visit to the preroman Oppidum of Enserune, a major archaeological site with panoramic views of the surrounding valleys
- And/or visit Béziers historical centre and shops
- And/or wine tasting at cellar of a top French Sommelier and supplier to Michelin Starred Chefs
|Fonserannes to Capestang|
|- Sailing into the heart of the historic village of Capestang
- Private visit to the cistercian Abbey of Fontroide, one of the finest examples in France
- And private wine testing at a Corbieres Château
- And / or a visit a Camargue bull and horse ranch with the opportunity to round up the bulls on horseback
|Capestang to La Croisade or Somail|
|- Morning excursion to the charming City of Narbonne that was the Roman Capital of the early Gaulles - its vibrant food market - the famed art and roman archeology museums within the Bishop Palace and shops - a highlight of the week
- Afternoon sailing to the peaceful country village of Le Somail with an impressive antique bookstore
- Sailing beneath the smallest bridge in France
|Somail to Roubia|
|- Morning visit to the hill village of Minerve, which is a beautiful natural site that has a dramatic history dating back to the time of the Crusades.
- Visit to prized olive oil mill, Oulibo, and a historic Languedoc village
- An afternoon sail to Roubia, and mooring by an ancient canal bridge with the view across the valley
- Option of a short flight over the Cathar Castles in the Pyrenees - the famous "fortresses of vertigo"
|Roubia to Homps|
|- Visit to the fortified city of Carcassonne, Europe's largest Medieval Fortress, a great place to be transported into medieval history and a shopping opportunity.
- Or visit the medieval village of Lagrasse and its artisans.
- Afternoon sailing to Homps with many locks.
|Breakfast and Farewell|
|A leisurely breakfast on board then transfer to your departure point about 10am.|
Petits Canapés aux OEufs de Cailles
Quail Egg Canapés
Muscat de Baumes de Venise, Domaine de Bernadin
Tatin de Coquilles St Jacques sur un lit de chicorée,
Fumet d’Orange et Basilique
Roasted Scallop & Chicory Tartlet’s, Orange & Basil Fumet
Domaine de La Jeanne, Cuvée Pistral, 1998
Sauvignon Chardonnay Viognier - a complex aromatic white wine
Agneau Braisé et Farcie aux Petits Légumes de Luberon
Braised, de-boned Lamb, Stuffed with miniature vegetables from the Luberon Valley
Chateauneuf-du-Pape - Château Mont-Redon 1995
St Marcelin Rôti, Salade à l’Huile de Noix
A local Soft Cheese Roasted in the oven & served with Walnut Oil
Soufflé aux Fraises, servi chaud avec sa Glace aux Amandes Grillés
Hot Strawberry Soufflé with Roasted Almond Ice Cream
Maury, 1998 Vintage Mas Amiel
Naturally sweet dessert wine, Grenache from Languedoc
Fine Chocolates from St Remy de Provence
|Charter 4 Passenger||$30,500||$35,000|
|Charter 6 Passenger||$33,900||$38,900|
Cruise cost includesSix night accommodations, chauffeured transfers from Beziers, Narbonne or Carcassonne to the barge and return, all meals, from dinner the first night to breakfast the last morning, all wines with lunch and dinner, open bar, daily escorted excursions and use of bicycles
Cruise cost does not include
Airfare to and from your destination, cancellation insurance and crew gratuity (suggested minimum amount is 5% of the cruise price)
|DEPARTURE DATE||ROUTE||RATE SEASON|
|March 22, 29||Homps - Portiragnes-Plage||Value|
|April 5, 12||Portiragnes-Plage - Homps||Value|
|April 19, 26||Homps - Portiragnes-Plage||Regular|
|June 7, 14, 21, 28||Between Homps-Portiragnes-Plage||Regular|
|July 5||Portiragnes-Plage - Homps||Regular|
|July 12, 19, 26||Carcassonne - Beziers||Value|
|Aug 2, 9||Beziers - Carcassonne||Value|
|Aug 16, 23||Between Avignon and Beziers||Regular|
|Aug 30||Portiragnes-Plage - Homps||Regular|
|Sept 6, 13, 20, 27||Homps - Portiragnes-Plage||Regular|
|Oct 4||Portiragnes-Plage - Homps||Regular|
|Oct 11, 18, 25||Homps - Portiragnes-Plage||Value|